Saturday, January 13, 2018

SUMMARY: January 12th Winter Storm

The video is from my roof mounted weather cam, last night around the 10pm hour. This was during some of the heaviest snow we saw, with 30mph gusts and decent snowfall rates.

Overall I think snow totals stayed close to my forecast. The reported totals to the NWS may have even been a little off from actual, especially since drifting snow is so hard to measure:

TheHermit reported 5" in Fairfield, but many reports down there seem to point to that area being the winner in the state, even if it's less than 6".

Sadly this is the biggest single event snowfall we've seen in more than 1000 days, as reported by local media. I'm going with 4.5" here in Canal Winchester based on multiple measurements today. Again, it's hard to pin down perfect totals. I have snow completely blown free of the side of my house, but a two foot drift on my front porch.

Now that we're past that, next thing to look at is a chance for light snow on Monday. It's a clipper system, so a general 2" should be expected at first glance, but I'll update with a new post tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I’m a long time folllower of your blog. It’s great. Is there a way I can be notified (email/text) each time you post? Thanks and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I didn't realize Blogger had a subscribe by email option, but I found it and added it to the top of the side bar. Now you can add your email to get notified every time I post. Thanks!

      Delete