Saturday, December 30, 2017

SUMMARY: Clipper Dumps On Us

I should have known, and I kind of eluded to it in my last post, but this clipper had the opportunity to overachieve. We knew a deformation would setup with the frontogenesis yesterday evening, but we didn't know when and where. Well it ended up right between Dayton and Columbus. A large part of Central Ohio got between 3"-4". CMH and right here at home ended up with 3.5", by far our largest storm of the season.

The biggest total I've found reported was 4.8" in Westerville. Unofficial, though.

This storm probably went on the high side of snow:liquid ratio, I'd guess even 18:1 because of the extreme cold.

This was the first storm that was worth a look from the drone. I hope you enjoy my compilation below!

After this storm I don't see any big snowfalls on the horizon, mostly because we're about to get even colder than we have been. I can see the potential for at least three nights over the next 7 nights that temps could drop below zero. And every night should be 10 degrees or colder. We're in the grips of some of the coldest weather we've seen in years. So all of that snow we just got? It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment