Saturday, December 9, 2017

First Snow of '17-'18 Season

Here it comes, a quick hitting clipper across the lakes will bring us our first measurable snow of the season.

It doesn't present as much on radar, but I think this has the potential to overachieve for some people. Do I mean huge totals? No. Just in the sense that I don't expect more than an inch for everyone, and a band could come off Lake Michigan later that drops another inch.

This entire area is actually going to begin to rotate later today as this interacts with the east coast system. The snow you see on radar right now over Lake Michigan is going to rotate down in to our area after dark. This should be an off and on all day and night snow for us, so if some areas reach two inches, I wouldn't be surprised. However for now, I'm staying conservative and saying one inch for Central Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. We got around 0.5" down here. I heard some parts of the Atlanta metro area got 10", so I guess we now get 1/20th the snow that Atlanta does.

    LOL.

    -TheHermit43130

    ReplyDelete