Monday, September 11, 2017

Irma

Over the past couple weeks the US has now been slammed with two cat 4 hurricanes, Harvey and Irma. Harvey's lasting impact will be the historic flooding caused it Houston when the storm became stationary. While many large cities will come away with scars from Irma, I believe this storm should be remembered for the devastation it caused in the Florida Keys.

My wife and I visited the Keys last year for the first time and it became an instant favorite of mine. The islands that make up this area are some of the most beautiful in the world. Of course I had to take my drone with me to see some of the sights and the Keys did not disappoint.
Duck Key, FL

Few reports have come out of Islamorada, the town where we stayed. Many storm chasers who rode the storm out in Key West and made their way back to main land have said the area is devastated. I can only hope their reports are exaggerated.

Starting tomorrow through Thursday we should see the effects of Irma's remnants pushing through Central Ohio. We won't see anything crazy, just a good soaking and maybe some small gusts.

No comments:

Post a Comment