Sunday, June 18, 2017

Dry Central Ohio

I haven't seen a drop of rain at my house in 13 days. That's taking its toll on landscaping and lawns, as everything's getting crunchy. Here's a look at rainfall for the past 7 days:

You'll notice a nice little hole in eastern Franklin and northern Fairfield Counties. Parts of the state, like over around Dayton and Cincinnati have seen 2-3" of rain recently. While that's nice for them, there's now part of southern Ohio that's in the Abnormally Dry range on the drought monitor:

The hope is this drought ends today, with rain forecasted all day. I'm actually sitting here looking at a sunny sky with an area of rain just to my west to start the day. The hope is we get a good soaking today. Yes, even though today is Father's Day, the best gift I could get is a wet lawn.

But, as TheHermit mentioned, we always seem to miss out on the rain, even when it's forecasted like today. Does today's soaking verify?

No comments:

Post a Comment