Monday, June 12, 2017

Central Ohio Heat Update

Sunday was supposed to be the first day of our 90 degree run and... well, we fell short. Substantially short, considering 90 was the forecast high. I only got 87.7° at my house, and the airport shows 89.1° (even though Wunderground reports it as 90°).

Another interesting thing to note yesterday was some cloudiness in the afternoon that helped keep things cooler, and also a lower dewpoint in the mid 60's.

Today? I doubt we stay in the 80's much longer. I've already hit 87.7° at my house, and with a dewpoint hovering around 70° it'll also feel worse than it did yesterday.

Overall I think the hot pattern will persist for the foreseeable future, but the 90's may be short lived.

UPDATE: Tuesday, 9:26am
We got to 91.8° yesterday at my house, finally breaking the 90° barrier. Yesterday afternoon and evening was hot and muggy. The overnight brought no relief with lows in the mid 70's and high humidity.

Relief is on the way though, as showers and thunderstorms should keep us below 90° today. Already this morning we have some slow moving soakers:

Again, these are the hit and miss variety, but should bring some much needed rain to some.

UPDATE: Wednesday, 3:23pm

I only hit 85.8° yesterday afternoon, abruptly ending this run of 90's we were supposed to be on. As I wrote yesterday, scattered storms were the reason for the lower temps. I actually said they would be hit and miss, and boy did I fall in to the miss category.

There were parts of Central Ohio under Flood Warnings yesterday, very near my house too, and I never received a drop. I'm still sitting on 0.30" for the month, while some places could be well over 3". 

1 comment:

  1. Well, as of June 13 my neck of the woods is officially in the "Abnormally Dry" category. With Sunday's rain forecast sure to be a bust, as they all are anymore, we may very well be a D1 drought next Tuesday.

    --TheHermit43130

    ReplyDelete