Monday, May 15, 2017

On The Move

Sorry the posts have been nonexistent the past few weeks. My wife and I decided to move again, this time we stayed in the same town (Canal Winchester), but just a different neighborhood. Turns out the area we moved to nearly five years ago wasn't... ah-hem... very safe.

So the past several weeks of my life have been spent dealing with the process of buying and selling a house at the same time, the move, and most importantly to me... getting the weather station back up and running! If you've noticed lately the Weather Underground widget on the right side of the page had an error. That's because, per the Wunderground policy, I had to abandoned my old PWS ID and create a new one, even though I only moved around three miles. So now the PWS is back online, but what really sucks is I'll need to go back through the MADIS certification to get my data out as an official NWS station.

Needless to say with everything going on, I haven't had a whole lot of time to write about the weather. It's a good thing nothing major has happened!

So what has happened lately? Well, Spring got put on hold for a couple weeks there at the beginning of May, so that was a lot of fun. We saw a couple mornings drop in to the 30s, but so far none below freezing that I've recorded since April 8th. Lets hope it stays that way.

Spring looks like it'll take another back seat this week as it gets skipped over for more summer-like weather. Wednesday we could get awful close to 90 degrees, or at least threaten it. Even though there's not much talk of it yet, I'd bet strongly on some pop up thunderstorms Wednesday. That chance gets a whole lot better Thursday and Friday as our heat producing ridge breaks down and we get a weaking cold front coming in from the west.

It's May, so we should be in the severe weather season. So far? Nothing much to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment